- Release and stretch low back, hamstring and calf muscles.
- Stretches and opens upper back vertebrae.
- Low Back Musculature
- Hamstrings and Calf Musculature
How to Perform
|1||Begin by standing with upright posture.|
|2||Breath deeply into the belly.|
|3||Inhale, extend arms over head.|
|4||Exhale, fold forward slowly, allowing hands, head and shoulders to simply hang.|
|5||Hold for a breath or two.|
|6||With a slight bend in the knees, Exhale. Push through your feet, using the back of your legs to roll up one vertebra at a time. Returning to an upright posture.|
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
|1||Avoid raising arms over head. Alternatively, bring them out to the side below shoulder level|
- Do not complete this exercise if you have any spinal pathologies.
- It's common to forget to breath deeply when completing this stretch. Breathing deeply helps optimize each stretch.