- Increase strength and endurance in the deep core and shoulder stabilizer muscles.
- Promotes healthy functional movement patterns through core stabilization.
- Strengthens and protects back from injury.
- Deep Core Abdominal Musculature
- Shoulder and Chest Musculature
How to Perform
|1||Begin by facing the floor with your elbows under your shoulders and your lower body resting on the floor.|
|2||Engage the core by drawing the belly in towards the spine gently.|
|3||Begin to lift your hips up as you come to rest on your knees.|
|4||Ensure a neutral spine and hold.|
|5||Slowly lower your hips and come back to the start position.|
- Many over recruit the outer layer abdominal muscles and arch the upper and lower spine. To ensure it is done correctly, try and maintain a neutral spine with shoulders away from the ears.
|Elbows to knees||2||1||Hold 10 sec to 30 sec||45 sec to 1 min depending on exercise response|