- Progression from Push Up 1.
- Develop Upper Body Strength and Stability.
- Arm and Chest Musculature
- Deep Core Abdominal Musculature
How to Perform
|1||Begin facing the floor on your hands and knees.|
|2||Place hands a little wider than shoulders.|
|3||Walk you knees back to create a plank position (Head, hips and knees in one line)|
|4||Ensure head is back and in alignment with your spine.|
|5||Draw the belly in towards the spine to engage the core.|
|6||Inhale as you slowly lower your body towards the floor. Stopping 2 fists width from the floor.|
|7||Exhale and slowly push the floor away from you and back to the start position.|
Alternative Exercise Suggestions for Patients with an ICD
|1||Avoid this exercise. An Alternative would be to complete Push Up 1: From Wall within this program or Side Plank 1: Elbow to Knee from the Intermediate Program.|
- The head may fall out of alignment with the spine. Ensure it does not drop forward.
- Shoulders may come up towards your ears. Pull them back and away from ears.
- If the low back starts to arch, it could mean that your core is not engaged. Engage core by drawing in the belly button towards the spine.
|From Knees||2-3||10||2 Lower: 1 Hold: 2 Rise||1 min or longer depending on exercise response|