- Encourage Ankle, knee, hip and back stability
- Deep Core Abdominal Musculature
- Hip Stabilizer Musculature
- Ankle Musculature
How to Perform
|1||Begin Standing with good posture.|
|2||Inhale, exhale and draw the belly button in gently towards the spine to engage the core.|
|3||Engage the standing leg by pushing the foot gently in towards floor.|
|4||Slowly lift the other leg to hip level.|
|5||Hold, maintaining your breathing.|
- It’s common when the leg is lifted that the hips tilt. To avoid this, it’s helpful to place your hands on your hips to feel the balance of your hips or to use a mirror. Keep the hips level with a straight spine.
- It’s also common to loose balance. It’s important to challenge the stabilizers however not to the point where the body is too wobbly. If it’s challenging to lift the foot without falling over, try holding on to a wall or something solid.
|1-2||1||Hold for 30 sec to 1 min||n/a|