- Stretches hips, knees and ankles.
- Encourages spinal rotation.
- Prepares legs and hips for movement.
- leg and hip musculature
- Para spinal muscles
How to Perform
|1||Begin by squatting down between legs. Ensure your feet stay flat on the floor.|
|2||Take a few deep breaths and allow gravity to sink your hips closer to the floor.|
|3||Inhale and extend chest up and forward. Exhale take your right arm up towards the ceiling as you rotate your upper body. Take a few deep breaths in this position.|
|4||Exhale release the arm down to the center.|
|5||Repeat on the other side.|
- This is an advanced stretch and can be challenging to get into. Here are a few ideas to help you ease into the stretch:
- Ensure you are warmed up.
- Tightness in the hips, knees and ankles can inhibit this movement. If inhibited, complete the “Breathing and Stretching” in the program and try again.
- If the feet are unable to stay on the floor, it may prove helpful to hold on to something solid and sit back. If still unable to flatten the feet, move on to the other stretches and try later, when flexibility improves.
|1||4 or 5 breaths per side|